Do you have to be a US citizen to get a liquor license?

People who can hold a liquor license in New York State must be either a US citizen, have legal permanent residency status in the US (have a Green Card), or be a citizen of one of the countries with which the US has a reciprocal treaty. The list of treaty nations are provided by the US Department of State and can be found at