Carbon monoxide detectors not mandatory for businesses

It may surprise you to learn that carbon-monoxide detectors are not required for businesses. In February 2013, a carbon monoxide leak at a Long Island restaurant in Walt Whitman Mall killed the restaurant’s manager and made 27 others ill from carbon monoxide poisoning. To protect their employees and guests, restaurant owners should consider voluntarily installing detectors and engage a HVAC maintenance contractor to regularly clean and inspect heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.